Are you having much success with social media advertising?

I was wondering if any of you other agents have had much success with social media advertising either paid or not? Social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter have been said to be a good way to gather leads and develop clients, but how much success are you actually having from the service? Can you tell a difference the times when you did not use it and when you did or are using it?

November 27 2012 - Mc Kenzie

I agree with Ethan. I havent used youtube yet but it is next on my list. I have had huge success with facebook. I didnt have a business page until recenty and it is beginning to work. My personal fb page has been a great source of business not only for connecting with buyers and sellers but also with selling some of my listings and keeping in contact with past clients. I started working my fb business page (free) this week and have already been contacted by a seller, 1 purchaser, and 1 showing on a listing I posted.

Using Social Media through Facebook, youtube, etc, is good when you pay just a little.  I have noticed many more people have watched my videos and liked my page because of those videos or something I wrote.  It is a process just like any other of slowly gathering a base of possible clients who you can be in front of far more often.   Facebook has a great way to target specific groups of almost any kind to send you ad to.  You might have to try out many different things to see what gets the most traffic.  Also - for the best and quickest return, try and get more reviews on these sites so people searching for agents can see what people say about you. You can then put these reviews on Facebook and your own blog.