Are you using social media to advertise your open houses?

I have had great results advertising my open houses by using social media marketing. Just wondering if others are too.

February 21 2011 - US

We've had people come in from posting open houses on Trulia, and have friends that use facebook constantly for open houses. The facebook posts only seem to bring in friends who want to chat but it could be related to the area we are in.

If you use a personal facebook page to promote listings your user privileges will be suspended/revoked. Facebook has eliminated the real estate tab in order to force all business related content onto business pages. I learned this from the Social Media Director at Avery-Hess Realtors. The people at Facebook are worried the growing amount of business marketing on personal pages will discourage future use by personal page members in the future. Just an FYI.   

I'm shocked that you guys are still doing Open Houses. My last Open House was over 3 years ago and I'm not planning to start them up again any time soon. I did a total of 15 Open Houses in a row with not a single human being through the door and that was it. No more for me. I get my leads from the Internet.

In Tampa Bay Florida I rarely see Open House signs on weekends. Where are you guys? Where do Open Houses still work?

The 'big 3' we focus on in Seattle are Zillow, Yahoo and Trulia/  That is where most of the serious shoppers seem to be

Profile picture for maxrep2003
Try, peeledopen.com, its free and it allows you to share your listing to a bunch of social media web sites. Took me just a couple of minutes to list an open house.

I am definitely still trying to find the middle of the road as far as utilizing social media, but not saturating my friends with it too much.  What a great marketing tool it is turning out to be.

social media has actually done wonders for Realtors, if you know how to carefully use it it can be a great free marketing tool.

I absolutely believe in social media to promote my open houses!  I make an effort to maintain a balance and not spam my friends or followers, but when I have any kind of real estate event, social media is the greatest way to promote it.

I am in a small market and advertise all of my open houses on social media sites.  Yesterday, I had 5 couples come just from the ad off of my facebook!  In 2011, my goal is to spend more time focusing on social media and video advertising!  Good luck to you!

February 28 2011
Advertised 2 open houses on craigslist this weekend, they had 65 views and both open houses were well attended.

February 28 2011
Hi, I agree to much messages are spam. I always follow the 90/10 rule with social media marketing.  Some of the ways I have used it are by making an open house friends list in Facebook where I only send out messages about first time home buyer info, whats currently going on in the local housing market info, and other valued info. Then I added an app from Facebook that listed all my houses on my page. Also I posted photos of the houses best rooms and asked a couple of my "friends" on the open house list  what they thought, for example should I tell my seller that it would be a good idea to paint the room a different color or change the carpet ect. I hope some of these idea's help.

February 28 2011
How are you using social media.  

Thank You

February 24 2011
Works for me too.  I use a pretty gentle approach though.  If you mention it too much, its spam and bothers people.  I have also had good luck posting open houses on Craig's list.

February 23 2011
which ones do you prefer

February 21 2011