Profile picture for Julie Wyss

As a potential buyer, how important is curb appeal?

Generally, this first impression is a crucial one. maintained lawn and landscaping, clean sidewalks, driveways and porches, and an overall welcoming atmosphere outside a home draws buyers in.
  • February 25 - San Jose
  • 0

Profile picture for cgeorgie
I'm a buyer, and I'm with Mack... I would any day rather fix up the inside of a home than the outside.

You know what's even more important than "curb" appeal from my experience (and from my friends looking for houses)?  "Neighborhood" appeal!

Like Kamal said there have been occasions during house-hunting where we've felt like calling our agent to tell them "do I really have to get out here?" Lol!!!!
  • March 10

That is the exterior attractiveness of the home to attract people.
It is not quantitative($). Fence, yard, painting, trash, clutters.
It will have a subjective negative on the time the home will sell.

In desirable neighborhood like PA, I doubt curb appeal is that important. The location, neighborhood.
Fence, painting, landscape, trees and trash out is manageable.

However, in a slow home selling neighborhood curb appeal makes a difference.

Sam Shueh
Keller Williams Cupertino Realty

• March 02

Curb appeal is great...but not as important as location. :)

I also agree with Mack. I too have driven past many homes with buyers who even refuse to get out of the car. lol
  • February 27

I wish there were more buyers on these threads, because we professionals have countless stories of buyers passing up perfectly good homes because they didn't get a good first impression.

The reality is: buyers would rather fix up the inside of a house, than fix up the outside.
  • February 25

Profile picture for Buyerebate
Curb appeal is very important and is the first impression buyers get before they walk into your home. If it looks good outside when they walk in they will get a sense that you cared for the home. Good luck.
  • February 25

Profile picture for John Reeves1
Curb appeal is also significant since if I am a seller, it adds value to my property.
  • February 25