Profile picture for sablebable

As a renter whom is current, can I be evicted because my landlord is not paying association?

I have been renting the same house for months and never late.  I have recieved 2 letters from the attorney for the Home Owners Association warning me they would evict me if I am not current on dues...  Can they do that?  I am current on my rent.
  • July 29 2011 - Bradenton
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for Mevin Barnes
There was recent legislation passed earlier this year on this exact issue.  Google SB 1196 or I can email you a .pdf that summarizes the bill in plain English.

Profile picture for sablebable
Thank you.  Guess I better call the attorney and cc the landlord.

Does your lease specify who is responsible?
There may be a way for you to deduct the HOA dues from the rent. (if he is liable)
Pass the letters to your landlord along with a receipt. If your landlord is a standup guy , he'll understand.

Melvin has a good suggestion. Here's a link to the pdf.

Pass the HOA letters on to the landlord.