Ask our community...We're buying our current home with a VA loan. We've decided to upgrade, and have been seriously looking for another home. We've been pre-qualified, and would like to stay with a VA loan when we find something. In that case, we have to sell our house first, and/or include a contingency in any offer to that effect. Since the majority of the properties we've seen, and are interested in, have been on the market for some time anyway, we've been asking for a possible lease/purchase, if only until our house sells; and have decided not to list it until we have something secure.Is that unreasonable? We feel that we're serious enough buyers to warrant that security back from the seller. Also, are we better off going to the listing agent ourselves, or what? From what we've experienced so far,we're a lot more enthusiastic about this house-hunting game than anyone; licensed or otherwise!!October 30 2011 - Gillette11YesReport a ProblemProblemSelect oneOffensive contentIrrelevant contentSpam (pure self-promotion)OtherDetailsYour emailPlease enter a valid email address.Submit CancelContent flaggedWe will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.