Profile picture for kwaping

Average cost per square foot of a zip code

Something that would be extremely useful for my application is a call to get the average cost per square foot of a given zip code. Inputs are zillow ID and zip code (xxxxx). Return contains the average cost per square foot of that area, and whatever else you want to throw in. :)

• May 02 2008 - US
  • 3

Have you taken a look at the GetDemographics API call? It returns some zestimate distribution charts that might work.

Profile picture for kwaping

I've seen that there are ways to get the information out, what I'm more concerned with is the input parameters. I haven't seen anything that takes a zip code as a location parameter, which is pretty important to me. I don't want to force my application's users to type in a full address, just a simple zip code.

Thanks for the reply!

Oliver-

Unfortunately, that is not currently supported. The best bet would be to allow them to select cities or neighborhoods and then return them data from the GetDemographics call.

Profile picture for kwaping

Okay, thanks. I guess I'll just have them type in the address of their desired home and take it from there. Thanks for the replies! Please consider this feature for future consideration.

Profile picture for kwaping

(I just realized my closing sentence was redudant.) :)

Profile picture for ericgyeh
id like to know what the most expensive zip code in the country is in $/sq ft!  does your app return that?

Profile picture for Elixir
Check out demographics web service response charts shown at
http://www.elixiraddons.com/zillow/charts.php

This is the best currently available from Zillow. All these details shown in the graphs are available in the web service response as individual fields.

They require two or more from the following I guess?

state, city, region-id (hard), neighborhood