Profile picture for thedesi

Back to back refi and settlement/closing

Rates are swinging 50-75 bps in matter of week. Appraisals are also getting uncertain (and dropping from lender to lender).

I'm close to closing a refi with 1st lender with much lower appraisal than my purchase, I should add - but I'm ok with paying the difference down. I was also able to rate lock a lower rate with 2nd lender when rates dropped further, but to do an appraisal with them and get results will be atleast 2 weeks away and in mean time, I'll lose rate lock on the first lender. To add, I'm getting a no closing cost refi with both lenders (no lender fees or 3rd party fees). So there's no cost aspect to me other than the appraisal fee I pay upfront

Can I close with 1st lender and then, if the appraisal is within reason with the 2nd lender, close with him again in matter of weeks? and if appraisal is worse than anticipated, drop the refi process with 2nd?

I appreciate your advise.

Rakesh
  • June 10 2012 - US
  • 0