Bathroom remodel. Single or double sink?

Selling soon. Buyer most likely retiree(s) or starter home for young couple. Have to eliminate 2 large storage cabinets to make room for larger vanity with 2 sinks.  Space is very small as exists. Home has 3 bedrooms and 1/2 bath in basement to be used as backup.
  • August 28 2012 - US

Profile picture for WillWilcox
A double sink will definitely be more appealing to potential buyers.  Good luck with your sale!

I work with a ton of clients who always mention when they go into the master bath if it does not have a double sink, so I know it is a fairly big deal to a lot of people.

Double!

Profile picture for JamesKuang
Definitely a double sink.  Young couples would love the double sink.  Good luck with your sale!

Definitely a double sink in the master

I'd be very cautious about getting rid of the two large storage cabinets.  I'd stick with a single sink.  It sounds like a house that is likely very short for storage, and many buyers are actively tallying the storage.

Profile picture for Dublinguy
I'm going to go against the grain and say a single sink, a large single. Why, if this is the main bathroom in the house, more often than not it only has one user at a time, secondly, counter space can be heavily used depending on the needs of the users. If we had a better idea of the overall size of the bathroom and the remaining layout, I might consider a double sink setup. But for the typicial 8 x 8 main bathroom, with vanity, toilet and tub/ shower combo the extra counter space is invaluable.

Thanks for posting your question on Zillow.com!

I work with a TON of buyers and I also personally flip houses myself.  I can tell you buyer's eyes widen when they see dual sinks, ESPECIALLY in a small space.

I do double sinks whenever I can.

I agree with Vince. I work with a lot of buyers and they want to see a double sink in the owner's suite. Congratulations to you for thinking ahead.If you need a referral for a realtor, you can email me or pull down the professionals tab up top here and search for a local one. Also please consider neutralizing your home, via paint and getting rid of 'clutter' (not suggesting you have clutter-lol) Storing it in the garage is ok...you are, after going to move, might as well pack it away, right? Best of luck to you on your sale.

Double.