Profile picture for bcgallo

Best Area in Salt Lake City for Gentrification Play

I am an investor and like to buy houses in older, close in areas that are undergoing the gentrification process.  Are there any areas like this  in Salt Lake City that you would recommend?
  • August 29 2011 - Salt Lake City
  • 0

Profile picture for jer_mellem
I would suggest South Salt Lake.  There are a lot of older homes on larger lots that are starting to be subdivided and built up.  The city is actively limiting the number of new apartments being built in an effort to push single family housing developments.  The new Terra Sol development by Garbett Homes is their new ideal.  The prices in South Salt Lake are a bargain compared to Sugarhouse, which is only about 5 minutes away.  It's central location and ease to get to the downtown and the University make it a prime area for new development.

The Marmalade area has been seeing a lot of remodels and upgrades in quality, I recently sold a home there that is currently being upgraded. Even west of 300 west has seen some gentrification. There have also been a lot of new construction in the Gateway area, but mostly condos. Also the eastern part of downtown, from 500 east to the U and then from about 500 south north to South Temple and around Trolley Square.
If you have any questions about there areas feel free to call or email me, I would love to help you out. [contact information deleted by Zillow moderator.  Please refer to our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

In my opinion there are some areas close to downtown that have a lot of potential for this process.  Our downtown area is gorgeous. I would suggest the area just south of downtown.  I'm starting to see some new condo's pop up and refurbishing/updating going on.   It will be slow to change but we really have some amazing deals right now.