Best neighborhoods in Seattle WA for family

My husband and I are moving to Seattle this year with our family. Very important we find a great, safe, fun neighborhood with great school district. Any suggestions would be helpful.

February 05 - Seattle

4/15/2014

Hi there -  how is the move  coming along ?  Do you need any asistance still?  thanks ...all the best and stay in touch !

April 16
Welcome!   There are many places in the Seattle area to live with many different school ratings.   This website will allow you to research the areas you are interested in based on the school district.

http://www.greatschools.org/

Once you have narrowed down your search to a few areas, begin researching the home prices so you are familiar with what it costs to live in your desired areas. 

Seattle is a wonderful city filled with eclectic people and outdoor activities!

Happy hunting!

February 24

Congratulations on your upcoming move...Seattle is a wonderful city and there are many great neighborhoods to consider! I would first ask you where you and your husband are going to be working because that should have a big impact on where you choose to live. Secondly, depending on where you are moving from I would warn you that home prices are probably going to be higher than what you are used to (both rentals and purchases). I've worked with many people relocating to the city and the #1 mistake they initially make is setting an unrealistic budget for themselves. Do yourself a favor and work with a Realtor like myself to help you learn about the different areas Seattle has to offer and to help you with your search when you do move here. Whether you are looking to rent or buy, a Realtor will be a valuable asset to you and as a renter/buyer you don't have to worry about their compensation because we get paid by the seller/property owner in Washington State. 

Now to answer your question, here are some great neighborhoods/areas to consider around Seattle:
Close to Downtown: West Seattle, Magnolia, Queen Anne, Ballard, Montlake, Madison Park, Washington Park, Mercer Island.
Other Areas: Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Issaquah, Bothell

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or if you find yourself needing help with your relocation. I am based out of West Seattle and I work in all areas surrounding Seattle. Good Luck!

February 05
If you are looking for a more family oriented neighborhood I would recommend the Eastside: Bellevue and Mercer Island. They both have excellent school districts and very low crime rate. You can check the schools on greatschools.com to see their ratings. Mercer Island has the advantage of being conveniently located half way between Seattle and Bellevue which makes for an easy commute to both sides. There are lots of parks and other kid friendly amenities. It would be good to take a trip down here and drive around the area just to get a feel of the different neighborhoods. I am a Mercer Island agent and I would be happy to show you around :)

February 05
Thanks Planning on renting or buying ? Any idea on price range ?

February 05