Profile picture for Sabella1280

Best place for a young family (2 yr old son) to live in Orlando within a 30 minute drive to Intl Dr?

Might be moving from Northern NJ (Close to Manhattan) to Fl for a job transfer.  Looking for homes up to mid $400K range.  Must be clean, safe neighborhood.  Possibly where other NY/NJ families have moved??
  • August 18 2011 - Orlando
  • 0

I moved from NJ few years a go to Naples FL and I'm happy heaver since

My kids love their schools ,they are nice and clean

Contact me I will tell you more

Profile picture for Mark LeMenager
Sabella, You're welcome for the Lake Nona idea.  Just click on my picture and contact me directly and I'll be happy to get you more info.

What you are missing about Bay Hill/Dr. Phillips is that the houses can be a lot older and can require plenty of modernization.  For example, most of the ones I've been in have intercom/music systems based on cassettes.

Clearly Ken and I would both be happy to show you around.  Check us out on the internet and then contact one or both of us.

Bay hill is a great area,  good schools around very affluent communities, like windermere. Lots of great golf.  The homes are newer in Lake Nona,  there is a medical city that is developing there that makes it attractive as well.  You can't lose with either area.  Lake Nona is a little more modern Bay hill area is a little more mature.  Hope that helps..Visiting both areas will help alot.

Profile picture for Sabella1280
What am I missing here regarding Bay Hill area? I gave seen some great homes in the high $300's to low $400's. I looks like being on the golf course and location wise this area is very nice but the homes seem pretty cheap for the amenities and top Estes schools. Has there been a crime wave or foreclosure frenzy hence the low prices? Also thanks those who spotted Lake Nona for me. This area aesthetically looks very nice and the homes seem very reasonable. Can anyone tell me a little more about Lake Nona? (residents, local shops, restaurants, etc) Thank you very much for all your help!

Profile picture for Mark LeMenager
Brevard County?  30 minutes to Orlando?  Lake Mary?  30 minutes to I-drive?  When at 2 in the morning?

Seriously, I'd rate your top choices as Dr. Phillips, Celebration, and the Lake Nona area.  All three will meet your criteria of a short commute to I-drive and will be the knid of neighborhoods you sound like you are after.

In general you will find older properties in Dr. Phillips compared to the other 2.

Be happy to show you around any of them.  Just click on my picture to contact me.

Good luck, Mark

Hi, i have family that still lives in New Jersey and New York.
Within 30 minutes the area that has alot to offer is the Dr. Phillips Bay hill area.  Although Lake Mary and Longwood is very nice(lived there)  Dr. Phillips and Bay hill are what i feel the best value for the money.  Much closer to Disney and I-Drive as well.  Please check them both out and compare apples to apples.

Regards,
Ken

It takes me about 30-45 minutes to get from where I live in Brevard County to Orlando. I personally enjoy living outside of Orlando, the home prices are lower, (more house for the money) it's not as busy, and it's a great place to raise a family. Closer to the beaches is always a plus as well!
I know lots of families that have relocated from NY [Long Island, mostly] to all parts of Florida, it's very common the find that anywhere you go.
 Please consider Brevard [I would recommend Viera/Suntree area] and if you do, please feel free to contact me with any questions and I'd be happy to help!

I am originally from Staten Island and have also lived in New Jersey. I spent many years coaching in college and also was an NFL Scout for the NY Giants. Please refer to my profile on Zillow to contact me.

I used to live in North Haledon, N.J. and am familiar with most of Orlando. The best place to move to here in your price range would be Lake Mary or Longwood. I currently live in Longwood and have worked extensively in Lake Mary. There are many neighborhoods that are excellent and the schools are excellent. Restaurants, theaters, and I-4 are close. We are about 25-30 min from I Drive and also only about 45 minutes from the beach. Please contact me at [contact information and hotlink removed by Zillow moderator]