Profile picture for lidor7

Best views in Seattle?

What are some places in Seattle with spectacular views? I'm a photographer, and I'm always looking for a new spot to shoot. I'm especially interested in spots with a high up view.

I know Gasworks and Alki have some nice views. It'd be interesting to know if there are any tall buildings (they don't even necessarily have to be that tall even) with public roof access.
  • July 11 2007 - Seattle
  • 0

Profile picture for Brent
Kerry Park on Highland on the south slope of Queen Anne has a great view of the city. It's right next to this property: http://www.zillow.com/HomeDetails.htm?zprop=48753287

Kerry Park I agree. New scupture garden downtown has some interesting shots from various angles.

The photos from the Asian Art Museum in Volunteer Park are fantastic, too. It's been done before, but the Noguchi sculture, reservoir, Space Needle, and Elliott Bay is a great shot. Especially with little kids inside the sculpture.

The Columbia Tower used to have one floor with observation access, I forget which. Many downtown office buildings have public or semi-public access decks, you can ask at the security desk in most and find out.

Profile picture for Marco
I like the water tower in Volunteer park. Not only do you get a nice view, you can learn some history while you're there with the photos and timelines they have all along the walls.

West Seattle golf course has some cool views of downtown Seattle.

Hamilton Viewpoint Park in West Seattle. Think of the view from Salty's, only from the top of the hill.

Profile picture for AlohaSeattle
The west side of West Seattle has some nice views too especially for viewing sunsets over the Olympics.

The top of Genessee Hill or lower down at Beach Drive.

Profile picture for lidor7
Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like Kerry Park is my best best. I like the suggestion about finding observation decks at downtown buildings.

The water tower in Volunteer Park sounds interesting... can you actually go up on it? Sounds like an odd water tower. I can actually see it from the office's kitchen window. It looks like it's made out of brick?

Profile picture for dianetuman
Don't forget about Magnolia and especially the new park -- Ella Bailey Park -- that overlooks downtown Seattle. Ella Bailey is behind the old Magnolia School on 28th Ave. Also, a drive along Magnolia Boulevard will give you a nice view of Seattle.

Profile picture for lidor7
I got a nice night shot from Kerry Park. I posted it on the Seattle Photos section. Here's a link (I hope the link works): http://images.zillow.com/is/image/i0/i0/i168/ISz3bs8at1zd7n.jpg?op_sharpen=1&qlt=90&size=448,336