Profile picture for storages

Bought a home in New York. There's an oil furnace. Heard it can be replaced to gas for free?

So I bought a home and there's an oil furnace which I heard from my buddies that it can be replaced for free to gas furnace but I would have to pay the labour plus installation cost. I want to know where I can do this.

December 07 2011 - Brooklyn Heights

I am not sure about your area, but in mine the local utility will switch you over from either electricity or oil to natural gas as long as you pay to convert/change 2-3 appliances including main heat to natural gas (fireplace, water, heat, stove, oven, or ?) as long as a close line is available. They will pay most of the cost of helping you switch.

In NY I am not sure who you would call, but I would start with ConEd here if you have them in your area. there is also info here, but I do not know if it is reliable or not. Hope the links help.