Breaking lease in DTLA - buyout or pay-til-filled?

I need to break my lease on my downtown LA studio and can do a 2-month buyout or pay until it's filled. My lease is up in September. Anyone have an idea of the average vacancy time?

It's an upscale apartment building in a great downtown location. The building's website confirms what I was told that rates are actually going down a bit. (Identical unit on higher floor going for less than we paid in Sept.) The building has 5 other studios vacant right now. Safe to take the gamble on this one? I'm not moving out for a month but need to decide now. (They won't market it until I decide.) Any advice or past experience would be greatly appreciated!

• March 28 2013 - Downtown
  • 0

If I were in  your shoes, I'd go for the sure thing (two months).   Pay until filled gives them the option to drag their feet in the clean up and advertising.