Broker will not cancel my listing agreement

I found my agent is not honest and took advantage of my trust, she tried to trick me by not telling or explaining clearly about the options I have with offers. I complained to her broker, but her broker will not cancel my listing agreement or they want the full commission to do so. (Now is only about two weeks after the first open house.)They suggest other agent in their company but I just want to get out this agreement. any advice?

July 14 2013 - Fremont

Hmm...I would tell them that you want to take it off the market, or will simply decline all showings.

It sounds like you are getting interest in your property, I would actually recommend you try and work with a different agent in the firm.  That agent will be fully aware of your issues and should do a good job of being honest.

I would read the original listing agreement and see what the terms are. Some agents put a early termination fee in the that could range from 250 to 500. Personally, I always allow a zero cancellation fee and that is because if your not happy with my services I would not want to be married to you. Read it over thoroughly. Best of luck. One other way is to push up the price, I don't know if you absolutely need to sell right now r what your circumstances are but you as a seller have rights too. Perhaps contacting the broker and further letting him/her know the services thus far rendered are not satisfactory, nor what you intended. Good luck and I apologize for your difficulty.

I'm sorry you are going through this. Usually you can cancel a contract by mutual agreement and a cancellation fee. Please go over your contract carefully.
I think you might have to get some legal advice on this situation so that you know your rights and you are protected.

I'm disappointed that your agent did not sit down with you and explained  all of the verbage/fees.  I would recommend legal advice at this point. You allready contacted the broker and still no results.  From now on, any contact with your Realtor and or Broker, make sure it's in writing.  In the future, any contract you plan on signing, take it home (if permissable) and have a professional go over it with you if your unclear of the verbage.  Legal terms can be challenging, especially if your unfamilar about this particular field.  It happens to the best of us.
Take Care. A.G.

Profile picture for Lynda   Parra
Latest reply by Lynda Parra
Profile picture for Andrea Gonzalez
Latest reply by Andrea Gonzalez

1. 43200 Banda Ter, Fremont, CA Home For Sale
    43200 Banda Ter, Fremont, CA 94539

2. 327 Bead Grass Ter, Fremont, CA Home For Sale
    327 Bead Grass Ter, Fremont, CA 94539

3. 3110 Eggers Dr, Fremont, CA Home For Sale
    3110 Eggers Dr, Fremont, CA 94536