Profile picture for ledzepp94

Building a house on a busy road

I found a piece of land in the town I live in, I really want to stay in the town I live in and will definitely be building. My loan will be about $350k, I am a single 28yo guy from new hampshire with no plans on a family in the near future. The road is 2 lanes and 40mph limit. I work from home and will be there round the clock. I was wondering what I will be looking at for a resale value hit because it's on a main road like that? The land is listed for $140,000 for 2.2 acres and I can get it for about $115k. The only 2 things that concern me are the resale value and the noise. The noise I can work around since I can compensate with windows, etc. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!
  • August 23 2013 - Atkinson
  • 0

Usually when I list properties on a busy road I adjust the price about 10-15% from the other comparable properties. Location is everything. When it does come to the point when you want to sell, it will be a little harder to sell. However, It will depend on your local market conditions.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.