Buy house without SSN and ITIN?

I'm a foreign student that got here legally and would like to buy a property in CA. Do I need SSN or ITIN to purchase a house? I don't have those but I do have valid driver license. I'm planning to pay it in full with cash. I would really appreciate any help.

• May 30 2012 - San Diego
  • 0

Do you have a bank account in the USA?, If you do you can the same tax / national Id that you used to open the bank account. Sorry if this sounds condescending, but  in a previous career the company had a lot of foreign employees and many of them did not know they already had an ITIN, until we asked "well what did you show the bank?" 

As for an ITIN, I believe you can get those off the IRS website.  I got one for my wife 8 years ago.  Where are you from?  I can speak Korean and Japanese.

Me and my husband want to buy a house and he is not from here and I trying to look for a loan but he doesn't have a I already have a house picked out we just need the loan Help?

Profile picture for nwhome.us
Or you can purchase the property using an LLC (Limited Liability Company).  There are a number of reasons why this can be a good option. Talk to a real estate attorney who is familiar with foreign investment.
If you'd like a referral, email me directly.

We work with many oversea's investors ... for Tax purpose (property tax, Income tax, capital gain tax ,,,ect,ect) ... as always you need SSN or ITIN to able to purchase property here in the US ... or you can go in together with the partner who's is US citizen ... we may miss out something the Best way for you is contact with Imigration Lawyers for this question.

Good luck

A driver's license is not sufficient.