Buy vs Build in Lexington

I am planning to buy a house in Lexington. My budget is $800K tops. Is it a good idea to buy a ready-made house or is it better to buy a house in - do a complete demo and build a modular home.? If I choose the latter option, what would a new modular 2000-2500 sq ft colonial, 4 BR/2.5 bath w/ 2 car garage  (not high-end but not too low end either) cost me.? Can somebody share their experiences ? Also Does anybody know of experienced design-build firms in Lexington area that they can share with me ?
Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks
  • May 20 2013 - Lexington
  • 0

Thanks for the question.  We are a Design/Build Company here is Lexington.  We have lots out Tates Creek Road in Lexington that are 1 acre.  The cost of the new home will all depend on finishes.  If you want to stay middle of the road your construction costs could range from $350 to $500, a lot of variables.  We can sit down and show you our process.  We design the home and can even show you in 3d, walk through the space and change colors all on the computer, so you see exactly what you are getting.  We have Certified Interior Designers on staff that also go with you and help you pick out all the selections required and stay with you throughout the process.  Simply call the office to set something up.  The houses we build are Universal Design/Energy Smart.  

I sell homes in Lexington and surrounding towns and doubt that you'll find a  piece of land with or without a house on it to demolish and build a quality new construction home with 2000-2500 square feet, and a garage for under $800,000. My recommendation is to find a home with good bones that needs renovating in a nice area of town.
You don't want new construction that quickly depreciates due to subpar materials. Good luck!