Buyers, why do you play hard to get?

I've found that many buyers resist my offers of help. I don't use people to just make money. Sure, at the end of the day, I have bills to pay just like everyone else. But I LOVE my job and truly get a lot of satisfaction at helping people find a new home. I'm a true professional with my client's best interests at heart. I go the extra mile for my clients...I just don't understand why some people are so hesitant to accept any help in a transaction that involves hundreds of thousands of dollars. Buyers, help me understand you and what your needs and wants are so I can serve you better!!! PLEASE!

• October 06 2008 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for broker_GRI

LOL :-)

Let it begin.  LOL.

Profile picture for klarek the realist

"I don't use people to just make money."

Do you do it for fun too?

Profile picture for Bette Defarm
Oh dear, this is rather an unfortunate first post. Duck.

Profile picture for 4jacks

I bet $5 tiny never responds to this post and her #2 post is the start of another Infomercial for a new thread.

Any takers

Profile picture for Bette Defarm
Could someone so earnest sounding be a drive-by? Yep, I bet you're right.

Profile picture for aapostrophe

I have worked with an agent as a buyer.  He did a very good job for me, but he only worked 15 hours for me. (showing me different houses and submitting contracts on 2 of them, 1 of which went all the way to close before the seller changed her mind and backed out) 

I have no complaints, and i enjoyed working with him, but his 3% would have been around $6600.  $6600 for 12 hours actually spent with me, and I'm "giving" him 3 hours to round it up to a solid 15.  (that three hours should cover any brief phone time with me, setting me up for MLS emails, etc)

I just don't believe that 15 hours is worth $6600.  I found his service valuable, and he did "negotiate"  my home price a little lower, but $440 an hour seems excessive.  I would be willing to pay him a solid hourly wage plus gas and any expenses, and then a merit bonus for "negotiating".  

Waaaaa Tiny needs commish! wwaaaaaaaa!!!

Profile picture for urge
  • urge
aapostrophe, add the fact that they don't need any college education.

Profile picture for Mark75NYC

Huh?  What are you even talking about?

LOL

Profile picture for brtlmj

Tiny,

A typical house in my area costs about $500,000. Help me negotiate the price down to $300,000 and you will see how easy to get I am!

Career transition time

Profile picture for Bette Defarm
Okay, someone please explain to me why agents do this. The drive by seems to a staple NAR tactic. I read industry sites (EX: ActiveRain) and know you even do it to each other. I find it so odd.

Profile picture for Bette Defarm
*to be

Profile picture for klarek the realist

They are ones that haven't lurked long enough to know who the zillow audience is.  They just jump into the shark tank thinking they're going to feed on minnows.

We got another live on on the thrad 'Housing bottom is here..."

Profile picture for Bette Defarm
It seems so desperate and well...tacky. I used to feel insulted, but now I almost feel sorry...contemptuous, but a little sorry for someone so dopey.

Profile picture for Staresce

I think that unless they are finding houses I cant they are mainly needed for the paperwork and an attorney can do that too , but I suppose that they do pass on any gossip they have about the seller of a home and why they want to sell but many dont really negotiate a lower price.

Lisa

Profile picture for mamaof2bugs

I think I smell blood in this shark tank! LOL

Each time they or lenders post they go to the top of the contributors list in find a pro. Might be why they  do this?

Profile picture for Bette Defarm
Aha. Thanks, I would never have figured it out. Such shamelessness...

Profile picture for broker_GRI

Really Dunespeak? I recently added myself to find a pro...you get bumped up when you post? gotta check it out fr 95020

Profile picture for broker_GRI

I'll be gosh darned...I thought it was based on most contributions

They were talking about it earlier in mortgage, just checked and you were at the top Realtor-gri

Profile picture for broker_GRI

Now I'm gonna hafta pay people to log on and post for me when I'm not around. (pay people LoL)

Profile picture for Mr Caveat

lol GRI we are going to see much more of you now that you know the drill

If that is true, this board is going to be flooded with silly posts. Zillow better change that asap, or hire more mods lol

Silly posts? Oh you mean the RE shills claiming it's the best time to buy.

Profile picture for broker_GRI

You just might be on to something JustynK,
Today seems to “real estate agent day” on Zillow maybe people are catching on.

No NTETS, I have and will continue to be pretty busy these days.
Not to mention the lack of internet at home for awhile longer. UGH :-)

1. 1
  2. 2