Buying A Short Sale Property

Thinking about buying a short sale property ?

ASK THE AGENT/BROKER YOUR WORKING WITH THESE QUESTIONS!!!!

1. Have you completed a short sale?
Many agents DO-NOT have experience with short sales and have no idea how much paperwork and waiting is involved. If they haven't completed a short sale do you want to be there first? It is the single largest purchase you will make in your lifetime...

2. How long does it take?-  Many short sales can take up to 3-4 months just to get an offer reviewed, denied, counter-offered or accepted. Do you have 3-4 months for an answer?  If your looking to close on the sale of your home/investment quickly a short sale may not be a good option for you. It really depends on the bank your working with. Some can get the job done quickly...some take half a year!!!!!

For more Short Sale information contact me anytime!!!

Clair F Bee III
518-724-5870
ClairBee@kw.com
Http://www.ClairFBee.com

NYS LICENSED SALES ASSOCIATE
  • August 06 2009 - Center Square
  • 0

Profile picture for Teresa13
Yes I'm interested to purchaise a house on short sell, my first home and
no experience , the only think I'm concerne I like this home and I like to

learned more about short sell and foreclosure.

Thanks .

Teresa

Clair is correct. You should look for an agent with a designation such as CDPE  -- Certified Distressed Property Expert. As a Buyer's Agent on a short sale I ask the Listing Agent if I may handle the negotiations on behalf of the Seller and use my Title Agent as the negotiator. This way the listing agent still feels in control and someone that works full time in negotiations is handling the process.  Here is a great article and call me anytime for advise  www.shortsalehelp.com