Profile picture for gonzo24 2007

Buying a house

There is a house in my area that was up for sale in 2012 I believe but is now left abandoned, at least to my knowledg. The clerks office at the courthouse has said the owners mow live somewhere else an the house is in per-foreclosure. Now I am wondering how can I go about possibly buying this house? How do I find where the mortgage lender in located?
  • March 20 2014 - Knox
  • 0

You will not be able to buy this house from the lender until after the foreclosure is complete.  The lender does not own the house.  Your only chance is to locate the owner and see if they wish to sell the home and are willing to work with their creditors to complete the sale, which will likely be a short sale.

Chances are the owner has already tried to go this route without success, so do not be surprised if they are not receptive to your offer.

Or you can wait for the foreclosure to finalize and hope for the best.