Profile picture for Yazanhasanmu

Buying in interstate area

I found a nice house that I really liked with a decent price. The only problem is it's close to the interstate 80 (not next to it) but I can see the interstate from the front door (one mile away) and still can hear the interstate hum from outside but not inside. I don't mind this as we rarely if ever sit outside due to the bad weather all year in Iowa City. Would this mean that the house is in a bad location and would be difficult to sell in future?
  • May 19 2013 - Coralville
  • 0

Find comparables with similar location issues.  Make sure your property aligns with those properties in value.  If you are not over paying and it doesn't bother you...no worries. 

Yes and no. Just like you some buyers might not be bothered by it. However, it is not necessarily a positive factor of the home. I always tell my clients when they are thinking of resell that people will have the same concerns as they do. If you don't like it-others won't either. And in this situation that is not something you can change or update. A house like this will also most likely sell for a little less compared to other homes in the neighborhood who aren't as close to the Interstate. Make sure to have an agent do a comparative market analysis of similar homes in the area that have sold so you know you aren't overpaying. Good luck to you!