Profile picture for jeep937437

By what factor of the Town assessed value is a good starting Ask price to sell a home? Zip 04441?

March 17 2012 - Town of Greenville

Assessed value has little to do with market value. Especially in the Bangor area. A good buyer's agent can do a market analysis for you. Compareable sales are much more important to the sale value than town assessments. When I am working with a buyer, the assessed value is not something that I give much weight.

I would ask my buyer agent to conduct a CMA on the property you are interested in buying, these figures may be more in line with what the buyers will pay.  Having said that, keep in mind that few buyers are willing to pay, nowadays, over the assessed value, although it happens.

Honestly, after spending some time evaluating the taxes on different homes in my area, tax appraisals are about the last information that I would use. I think you have to start with what has sold in the area, that is similar first, and make adjustments for differences.