CAN I LIST MY HOME WITHOUT A REALESTATE AGENT AND HAVE IT ON MLS AND ONLINE SITES

I HAVE BEEN WITH A REAL ESTATE FOR 1 YEAR, LISTING EXPIRES AUG 26TH, 2013. I AM IN NY, 11783 ZIP CODE.  I WOULD LIKE TO GO ON MY OWN SINCE THEY DID NOT SELL MY HOME OR GIVE GOOD PRICING ADVICE.
  • July 10 2013 - Seaford
  • 0

thanks for all the good advise

Profile picture for WesAndDes
Lookup Flat Fee MLS Listing service. Gets your property into the MLS for your area. I've sold three houses without wasting money on a listing agent. At the very least, always demand an OPEN LISTING. I am loving flipping this industry on its head by going FSBO and helping encourage everyone I know to do the same. Agents should be hourly workers, not sponges that arbitrarily absorb 3-6% of a home's sales price. At the very least, there should be regulations requiring agents log all time spent on each account/buyer/seller/property. Along with that, agents should be required to present this time sheet and commission break down along with the HUD-1. This would help make the entire process more transparent, whereby the seller and buyer get to see what the agent's fully disclosed hourly rate breakdown is before signing on the dotted line. I'm sure that $/hr summary figure would shock many consumers... If there are prevailing wages in many other fields, why not real estate. With all the power the Internet brings to the table, there is no reason for realtors to remain in a walled garden. Go FSBO!

Don't discount all Realtors because of a bad experience with one. Make sure that you choose the right agent next time by asking for references and personal sales data. Many people make the mistake of hiring a friend or family member because they think that listing a home on the MLS is all it takes to sell a home. Nothing can be further from the truth!

I can help you out by finding successful listing agents in your area to save you from making a wrong choice a second time around. 

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

1 year does sound excesive, more than likely the property is not priced accurately -using comparables- because at the right price, there is always a potential buyer. If you want to list it on the MLS, only a member of your local board of Realtors can help you with that. There are some websites where you can try to advertise it on your own, but the potential exposure wouldn't be the same.

Unfortunately for you, as a for sale by owner, you cannot have your home listed on certain sites like MLS or Realtor.com. You would need to be listed with a Realtor to gain access and receive full marketing benefits. There are sites out there like forsalebyowner.com and others that you can advertise on.

Profile picture for Super Agent Marvel
Only a licensed realtor who is a member of your local MLS can put your house in the MLS. 

Sounds like you have a bad realtor.