CSS now charging Buyers Agents

I found out today that everybody who is a member of Metrotex is going to be billed for CSS services. I find that unbelievable. Most of my business is as a buyers agent, and when I have a listing I prefer to speak to the agent setting the appointment. If CSS needs more income, then charge the people who actually derive a benefit from their services - the listing agent. It's a convienence for the listing agent; I can schedule an appointment with the agent directly just as easily as I can through CSS. Considering how many times I've shown up at a house expecting a supra and finding a lockbox, I think I'd rather talk to the listing agent anyway.

Does anyone else feel that charging $276 a year for a service you don't use (just to defuse this argument I will not be scheduling appointments through CSS anymore) is reasonable?
  • April 19 2011 - Dallas
  • 0

Unfortunately, they have a monopoly on the market and a necessity to do this business.

I am appauled that they would charge buyer's agents too.  I haven't heard anything about it.  I will investigate though.

Naima

The price you quote makes me think that your broker elected to go with a lower cost for everyone in your company by going to a company bill that they pay and then charge you. Reducing the cost for everyone but forcing everyone to pay.

Ain't life / business fun ... Bruce

You are correct sir. It is a broker level item, and I misread the email to mean all realtors that were a member of Metrotex. My apologies for the confusion.

Bruce-

You are always the man of clarity!!!

Let's do lunch soon.

Chris