Profile picture for ATHiker

Can't find a lender to help!

We purchased our home for $397K in 2008 with 0% down.  We are financed at 6.75% with lender paid PMI.  The home has held value fairly well, and we are currently at approximately 96% LTV.  Credit score is >790.  We can't find anyone to help us take advantage of the low rates due to our high LTV and lender paid PMI.  Any words of wisdom?
  • October 03 2012 - Beverly
  • 0

You need to speak with a Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator that will give you honest advice about your situation. Theoretically you could refinance and get a new loan with PMI, FHA and Masshousing may also be another option for you. Those are my words of wisdom.

Send me your current mortgage information, address and contact information via my profile.  I will see if we can assist you.

Best,

Eric

I would research the HARP programs which should be able to help you, also if you would like to talk to a lender that maybe able to help more or at least point you in the right direction, please contact me and I can give you some names.

Profile picture for gadewumi

If you like,  I can refer you to a knowledgeable loan officer who can best guide you in the right direction.

I believe if your loan is backed by Fannie or Freddie, you would qualify under the various HARP programs out there.  Happy to help if you would like to contact me through my profile.

Maybe a lender or two will stop by and advise, but one obvious solution seems to be to pay down to a 95% LTV.