Profile picture for scotsgranny

Can Anyone Recommend Real Estate License Classes in CC County

REALTORS:

I want to prepare for the CA RE License exam and am having difficulty finding any accredited DRE required courses in the Walnut Creek/CC County area other than DVC. 

I've read that it should not be an on-line courses, although that's what would be most convenient.  But that is all I am finding. 

Anyone have thoughts about online vs. classroom?
Can anyone recommend online courses?

Christine

• July 25 - Concord
  • 0

Profile picture for Randall Ortiz

Your local community colleges should have the classes you need, and they should have online courses available too, which are definitely more convenient.

• July 31

Profile picture for Hannah Tai Homes
I studied through Kaplan's online course, and then took a live 2-day class through them before my test. I liked the online course because you can take the practice tests over and over, and that drilling really prepared me for the test.

Just so you know, most of what's on the test is not exactly day-to-day practical real estate information, but a few times I have come across some things we were tested on. I think online is fine as long as you set time goals for yourself so you don't slack off (-:

Another comment: What used to be the DRE is now the "Bureau of Real Estate", or BRE. Everyone wonders why they changed it, but that's what they're called now. So when you get your license, your cards will say "BRE License #_______".

• July 26

Christine...
  What is your learning style?  Are you looking to take an online course or a classroom?  What does you current life consist of as far as responsibilities and or distractions?  

I've been  there done that ...
  Kevin
  • July 26