Profile picture for G103859

Can FSBOs be listed on Zillow? If so, how?

I am going to be putting our house on the market. We will be doing a FSBO. Can we list the property on Zillow or what are the guidelines for that?

We are a 4/2.5/2  - 2 story - with a pool - rear entry garage with electronic gate across drive - separate study - dining room - large kitchen - gameroom upstairs. We are in North Fort Worth/Keller area - and are in the Keller School District.
  • October 24 2011 - Park Glen
  • 0

Profile picture for G103859
That is great - thank you so much for the answers! I appreciate all of your info and the links!

Zillow counts days on the market with FSBO listings that appear on Zillow, I don't know what your friendly neighborhood appraiser counts.

Rather than answering your questions directly, can I refer you to a couple of non-commercial blogs by a frequent contributor to Zillow (who successfully did a FSBO of his own in the last few years).

Here they are:
Thinking about FSBO
Posting your FSBO on Zillow 101.

I'm thinking about doing a FSBO with a relative's house, and would use both but be very careful on Postlets to check the box so it doesn't go to Zillow (or perhaps that is "uncheck the box" - I'm not sure).   If it is on Postlets and also manually put on Zillow, there is likely to be some data conflict when postlets tries to feed to Zillow.   I don't know how Zillow determines the trump rules on that one.

Profile picture for G103859
OK never mind -  I just saw it was 180 days. Does that affect appraisals if it is not sold in that 180? For instance will it note it was on the market or days on market - or is that only if it is on the MLS does the days on market count?

Profile picture for G103859
Thank you so much! Do you have any suggestions which would be best - or should I do both? 

And how long is it a featured listing for that price?

Thank you again!

Yes, definitely.

There are two options.  The first is a featured listing for $39.95 for 180 d (click here). (Featured listings sort to the top of the list when someone searches).   The second is through www.postlets.com and feeds to Zillow (and many other sites).