Profile picture for dentx

Can I apply for a VA loan in a different state that I'm in now?

I"m thinking of applying thru my old credit union which is in a different state than I am in now. Will there be any issues to that should I get approved? Thanks!
  • October 11 2013 - US
  • 0

There is nothing that prevents you from having a lender out of state handle your mortgage as long as they are licensed in your state.  Talk to your lender up-front and make sure that they honestly feel that they can give you top level service out of state including quoting services correctly.  The closing can happen in your area as well. 

Profile picture for dentx
Hi Ritchy, no it's not a relocation. I just like dealing with the people at my old bank.

Absolutely you can. I would assume this is for a relocation correct?

Profile picture for dentx
Yes, it's a loan for a house where I presently am. It's just the bank is in a different state. Thanks for the reply Brian!

Are you commuting to work?  Are you moving?  These are important questions for the pre-qualification process.

As long as you can document and explain the reason, you can be approved.

We are a Federally Chartered Bank that has been open since 1905.  Contact me if you have questions.

Will the VA loan be for a house that is in your current state? This can work as long as the lender is approved in your state. They should be able to lend in your state but you should check to see if they are licensed to do that. If you have any other questions or need a loan please contact me through the information on my profile page. I hope this helps and good luck!