Profile picture for rkcrocker2375

Can I change an offer I made on a home.

Made offer on house, they accepted. One week later I feel its to high by about $5,000. Can I change the offer I made? If so how do I do it.
  • July 05 2014 - Wildomar
  • 0

Profile picture for George Rauh
I will second both postings. Pennies chasing dollars or dollars chasing pennies. The reality is that it will be your home and your home for a long time. But, if you were going to go for 20-30k, that would pose a different set of guidelines and I would then go for the inspection with something you cannot live with less they stuff.

Again, I will vote for legal counceling, last thing you really want to do is spend that $5000.00 too much on an attorney to will charge you $10,000.00 to help you recover your wanted 5.

Profile picture for craigfial
As mentioned below, if you are still in Contingency periods there may be a way out.  Your choices are to cancel, or ask for price reduction based on condition.

$5,000 over 30 years if you are financing is rather insignifigant if you really like the property. 

You may be able to change your offer if your contract has an inspection period or other mechanism to ask for a reduction of price or a buyer credit. Read your contract and get legal advice if you are not sure what your options are.