Can I delete "zestimate" from my listing?

I thought zillow removed the zestimate when a home went up for sale, but this isn't the case.  The zestimate is about 65K less than asking price.  Very frustrating for my seller to go on zillow and see the zestimate right under the asking price!
  • October 10 2011 - La Plata
  • 0

Best Answer

Zillow doesn't remove the Zestimate from listings.  

When there is a big discrepancy, several actions are worth while:
a. Make sure all data on the home shown on Zillow are accurate. 
b. Put information in "owner's comments" showing comps or other reasons the Zestimate may be low.
c.  Read the Zestimate values & accuracy for the area to use as a tool for educating the home owner and the potential buyers.

I don't think that Zillow will remove Zestimates by request since they are only estimates based on public record and trend information. When you list a house for sale they do come off the top of page and move down to the middle. Zestimates also do not show up on the map when you look at the pop up box.