Profile picture for BobbieEskew

Can I fire my agent that owns the business herself?

At the time I first spoke to her I told her that I was not going to pay anything as well did my husband. This is a short sale and She is wanting me to half of all inspections and $7000.00 in closing cost. I already said I am losing money on this deal. All the time and expense I have put into my property and she wants me to pay more no way. She has had the listing for 4 months and no for sale sign? Really how is anyone suppoes to know??
  • July 27 2013 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for leeuga11
Hopefully an agent in California with short sale expertise will chime in and help you with your problem.  Good luck with your short sale, I hope all turns out well for you and your husband.

Profile picture for SDREVets

Are these out of pocket expenses for you? If your agent is asking for cash then contact a lawyer. If these are expenses that your lender will have to incur as part of your short sale then you may just want to ask your agent for clarification. 

J.R. Thrasher

[deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Profile picture for BobbieEskew
There is a signed contract. Yes the $7,000 is part of the closing and since it is a short sale in California I was told the negative balance was suppoe to be forgiven. I told her toady that I am not paying for anything or HFC can have the houe back and do with what they want. Since then I have heard she can be very shady in her deals sometimes.

Thanks for posting your question on Zillow.com & sorry for your problems.

Simple, both parties have to go by the signed contract.  If it is a verbal contract, then it is not a contract.

Good luck.

Profile picture for leeuga11

I apologize that you are frustrated.  I can not reason why there has been no sign put out for advertisement.  In GA we have to present all offers, no matter how ridiculous they are, it is real estate law.  Is the $7000 in closing and 1/2 for inspections part of an offer?  Or does she just want to put that in the listing to try and persuade more people to show interest?

Look legal advice. You need to have some one to read the contract, to identify a way out. Also offer her a cancelation fee. 

Eugene.