Profile picture for femgiz22

Can I fire my buyers agent

Signed an exclusive buyer agent agreement, however our personalities are not matching well.  In the agreement it states that there is no broker fee and that the terms of the agreement are till such and such date, unless extended or unless earlier terminated.  Either party, by giving written notice, may cancel this agreement so that it will terminate at the end of 3 days from the date of receipt of such written notice. Just want to confirm that this means I can fire the person at any time but it will not be effective till 3 days.  I vaguely remember the agent telling me I only had 3 days to change my mind.  Does written agreement mean mail? or will email suffice? 

February 13 - US

I want to amend my previous post - the contract has to provide for fax delivery, otherwise, it is pen on paper hand-delivered to the brokerage.

February 13
Written agreement, as I understand it, is by mail or by hand, and in NY, fax is acceptable.

February 13
We don't know what the agreement says and how the courts of your state will uphold it, but I advise you to deliver notice in the form of pen on paper, which you can then fax or hand-deliver to the agent's office. Email only suffices if the contract provides for it. "Written" means, ink on paper.

February 13
An email should suffice but I would recommend giving both a written letter as well as email. You always want to make sure to cover yourself and have a track of any correspondence. Looking at the wording in your agreement, your agreement with the agent will end 3 days after they have received the written notice from you. 

February 13

Email will suffice, it is also very difficult for them to hold you to a buyer's contract.

February 13