Profile picture for BC380

Can I get a home mortgage?

I'm looking to purchase a house for about $150k. I have no job history for the past 5 years. I have $130k in liquid assets.  My credit scores avg 655 with no big gaps. Would it be possible for me to get a loan if I put down 60k - 80k?  also, what kinda rate would I be looking at?  I'm looking in the area of Charlotte, NC, if that matters.

Thank you in advance.
  • January 19 2012 - Charlotte
  • 0

I would contact a mortgage Broker like New American Mortgage to determine what you could do. Best of luck and when you are ready to see houses, let me know. Thanks for the chance to help you.

Contact me directly and I'll have my lender pre-qualify you.  No cost for you to do this and I work for buyers at no cost to them.
John
[phone removed by Zillow moderator]

I would suggest you ask your Realtor who they suggest as a lender or pull down the Professionals tab here on Zillow and speak to a lender.Try not to put too much personal information about yourself here,these are , after all, Public Forums. Best of luck 

We recommend working with a local Mortgage Broker who can shop many lenders for you and simplify the process. Click the Professionals tab at the top of the page and search by zip code.

You have to document income to support the repayment of the dept. If you have no job history, how is your income derived (social security benefits, long term disability, interest/dividend income, etc). In order to count income from employment, you must have 2 years employment in the same line of work (not with the same employer).

Hope this helps