Can I get a mortgage with a credit score in the 500s?

• September 09 2013 - Montgomery
  • 1

Profile picture for BartGabe
We go to 500 with 10% down. You need to have at least 3 tradelines that have been current for the past year. Contact me through my profile.

Well where in the 500's is your credit score. There are lenders like myself that can give out loans with credit scores as low as 580. If that is still above your credit score I would recommend working on it. The most effective way to fixing your credit score is to pay your revolving credit card balance and debt. If there is a collection on your credit there isn't much that can be done in the short run. It is best to pay back any collections as soon as possible. So as time goes on the collection will become more insignificant to your credit score and will help it return to a better score. I would recommend that you speak with a lender like myself so that we can try to help you out with more of your financial details and point you in the right direction.

I hope this helps! Also, if you would like a loan don't hesitate to contact me!

work on getting your score closer to 600 as mentioned below. My company doe shave programs for loans as low as 580 but work on increasing your score.

Profile picture for Andrew Malak
No. No matter what they tell you. It has to be over 600.

Typically no.  different programs have different requirements.   Generally they are 600, 620 and 640.

The trick to get your score up is to have no late payments in the past 12 months and have at least 3 trade lines (Creditors) reporting a good history.

Secured credit card or bank loans loans secured with a CD will generally do the trick.

-Troy