Can I get info on recent refinance appraisals in my neighborhood?

I'm wondering if there is public access, or access for a realtor, to information on recent refinancing of houses in my neighborhood.
I'm looking to refinance, and a neighbor a few doors down refinanced in the past few weeks, and appraised for more than he expected. I'm wondering if I could use that appraisal as a comp to present to my appraiser, or whether that information is private.

April 29 2013 - Petworth

That would be great if that were the case, but since a refinance is a private transaction and the appraisal is not filed with the county, you would have to ask your neighbors for a copy individually to get that information.
     Even with the information, you are not able to use other property's appraisals as support for your value, aside from using the same comps they used if applicable. The reason being is that an appraisal is a professional opinion of the value of a home, and nothing more. In the end, a home is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. This is why they use current sales as comps to support value on an appraisal.
Since the lender funding a refinance is  required to order an appraisal in a random system, you never know who your appraiser will be nor can you have influence on how the appraiser works up your value. So, even if you got a "CMA" or "automated value check" you can frame them and hang them above your fireplace, but they will serve no real purpose in your refinance. 
     The good news is, people are willing to pay more money recently than some homes are appraised at. This raises the value for most in a neighborhood. If your neighbor who refinanced has a comparable home to yours, you may have the same outcome of a higher value than you thought. Hope this helps!
All The Best

I am on the finance side.  If you need a property profile on the property email me.  is it for a potential purchase or a refi for yourself.  The profile will just let you know more about property, transaction history and sales comparable and you will get a automated value check on the property

Expanding a little on "wetdawgs" comment, an appraisal is simply an expert opinion...it is not market data.  And appraisals are based on market data.  The only benefit that one appraiser can really gain from another appriaser's report, would be some facts that they may have missed.  But they all have access to the same information.  And as has been said, those appraisal reports are private information and not available to the general public. 

Appraisals are not public information.  

See if you can get a copy of the apprasial and provide it to the appraiser when they come out to inspect. 

As a Realtor we can perform a CMA to see what homes have recently sold in your are to get a good idea on value. In Wilmington NC our MLS does not list appraisal information. I would check with your lender, they will send a appraiser out during the re-fi process.