Profile picture for dkeith55

Can I refinance after a short sale?

I lived and owned a home in CA.  Was relocated to AZ and bought another home here.  Rented out the CA home for a while but then did a short sale on it approximately 1 year ago.  I'd like to know if I can now refinance my AZ home, which is current?    CA home that was short sold was conventional loan, home that I want to refi is FHA.   I hear a lot about not being able to BUY for 2 years+ after a short sale but an unsure about refi.  Thanks anyone for info.   David

• March 31 2012 - Chandler
  • 0

Profile picture for mortgagesforamerica
If there was no late payments on the short sale then we can do it with FHA, with late payments it is 3 years wait with FHA.  Regardless of late payments we can help you after 2 years as long as there is 20% equity in the property as we have to eliminate mortgage insurance. The MI companies are 4 years out.  If you would like to discuss some options go ahead and get into contact me through my profile.  We are supposed to post our contact info on the posts.  I look forward in hearing from you.

Profile picture for gumtrainer
I would love an answer to this question as well.  My short sale is 18 mos  old.  Credit is great otherwise and score is over 700 again.

[promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

That all depends, do you a minute to talk?