Profile picture for JosephBarani

Can I sell my house after it has been sold at a sheriffs auction?

• September 01 2011 - US
  • 0

Best Answer

I believe you're asking about a Right of Redemption. If your state has a Statute that allows for Right of Redemption, you may be able to "buy your home back" after the sale. Not every state allows this and you may need to contact an attorney to help with the process. There is a limit to how long you may take to initiate the "save" so time is of the essence.
After you recover the property, if you're able to repay the delinquency, then you can sell the home if you have equity or are willing to pay the difference between what you owe and what the home is currently worth. That wouldn't make a lot of sense though to buy a home back that is "upside-down" in value.

Profile picture for JosephBarani
Thank you for the comments.
I was just informed that my house was sold at a sheriffs sale.
I was purchased for 35K more then I owe on the mortgage.
I have not recieved notice or confirmation of this by the courts.
I have petitioned the courts for a Judgement Difeceney because I was
not properly notified according to KS laws.
During this period of Redeemtion, I should have the right to clear the original mortgage loan amount. 
I think I can do this by have an distress auction and auctioning the house.
I hope this provides more info to my question. Thanks 

If your house was sold at a sheriff's auction, it is no longer your house.  

I'm not sure I understand.  If your home was sold at an auction then you no longer own it so you wouldn't have the right to sell something you don't own.  Is that what you meant?