Can I sue for having to move out of an apt the property mgmt didnt properly fix?

I've been living with bugs in my apt unit for over a month now. I've gone back and forth with management on a final solution to this problem. They've sent an exterminator out twice and the bugs still exist in my unit. I've looked around the property and have noticed them on other floors, I'm pretty sure other units have been infestated but don't know which ones. I finally told them since they can't seem to fix this i will have to move. Can they be held liable for the fact that i've had to live in my unit with bugs when they claim to be a "luxury" property, plus the aggravation of having to move? Also, i've been having trouble finding another place to live, can i sue them while in a lease with them? I wouldn't otherwise move if it wasn't for their negligence.
  • May 27 2012 - Renton
  • 0

Profile picture for nwhome.us