Back to Results
Please enter a valid email address.
Stating a discriminatory preference in an advertisement for housing is illegal. If you think this content is discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate and feel it should be removed from Zillow, please let us know by completing the information above.
We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.
Please enter text in the "Enter the text to display" field.
Please enter text in the "Enter URL" field.
Please enter a valid URL.
Please insert a video embed only
It tough not to listen to negative stories but if your loan is already conditionally approved and appraisal is done, you should stick with it. It would be tough to start all over at this point and you raise the risk of not closing on time. If they charged you an application fee you would loose that and they would charge you for the appraisal as well. Good luck and congrats on your first home.
Thank you everyone for the advice. I do alot of research on things and the reviews for Fifth Third (our lender) are not the greatest. Mainly took them because our realtor recommended them and with us being first time home buyers didn't really know how the process worked. Your right though Enrique that there are pros and cons with every lender out there. One of the big cons though with sticking with our current lender going forward is that the closing costs are right around 1700. There is another local lender that is doing closing for 250 right now. They have great reviews and have been recommended by several friends and family. My dilema as you all have pointed out is the contract and closing date. Im not sure if that would be a problem though considering we still have over a month until we close. We are staying with family right now so no rush for us to move. The sellers actually wanted us to push the closing date out. We originally wanted the end of February. They asked for the middle of March. The earnst money was given over to our realtor to hold in escrow until we close. The only money we have given out to the actual lender so far is the application fee of 200. If we switched would we be responsible for the appraisal that has already been done? Also, would it hurt or what would be the downside to having another lender even see if they could beat the deal we have now with the current lender?
Zillow Advice depends on each member to keep it a safe, fun, and positive place. If you see abuse, flag it. More on our Good Neighbor Policy.
For Sale: $49,000
For Sale: $134,900
For Sale: $109,900