Can I take my house off the market while under a year long contract with realtor?

Hello - 
Can anyone help me understand the exclusive right to sell contract - can I take my house off the market for the winter, and then put it back on in the spring?  I understand that I would be locked into using the same realtor, but would the contract then extend by however many months the house was off the market?

August 19 2013 - Spokane

I offer a guarantee to my sellers "If you are not happy with my services, you can fire me"
Any good, decent agent should not have a problem canceling the listing agreement if they have failed to do their job.
Unless they are pricing the property based on your recommendations and not what the market is showing for selling prices in your area.
Has the agent review their marketing plan with you? the sales comparables in the area should indicate your next move.

Discuss this issue with your agent.  You may be able to work something out with them.  A year does seem like a long listing period.

A year is too long and I would be asking my Realtor what they think the problem is. Exclusive Right to sell in my state has a time limit. I'm sure your contract is similar. You can use a different brokerage after your contract is expired if you wish.

I would explain to you the complete contract and give you the opportunity to removed the property out off the market for a few months as you desired.

If you are currently under contract for 1 year or more, it is not correct every contract should have an starting date as long with an expiration.
We use an standard contract, some companies (Big companies ) they use their own contract and sometimes they do not cover both sides of the transaction, just because there is a big name behind it doesn't mean you have to agree to all their terms.

i would like to have the opportunity to speak with you and show you how I work and how can we sell your property asap at the best price possible.

Carlos Escamilla 
[deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]
Realty World Executive Homes    

Review your specific contract and discuss with your agent the reasons you want to remove it from the market for a period of time.  In our area we can "Withdraw" a listing and then re-activate: sometimes seller's have life circumstances or reasons not to show / have their listing active. Your Realtor will know how to accommodate you.  Best of luck!

Hello
Not very many agents like to admit it but yes you can fire your agent/brokerage with a written letter to the managing broker. However you made be held accountable for cost of the listing, read your contract to verify

It all depends on what's in the contract. It's best to discuss this with your Realtor.