Can I take out equity through VA streamline for a roof repair

I have a VA 30 year fixed and need to do a roof repair.  My credit is shot due to an injury and missed work/ income but am in full health now and back to work.   I missed one mortgage payment and am waiting for my tax return to catch up.  Do I have any options with a streamline? I believe I have + $20K in equity but only need $5 for the repair.
  • February 26 2013 - Discovery Bay
  • 0

Profile picture for The Mortgage Mark
How much is in your escrow account.  When doing an IRRL you will have to set up a new escrow account.  So this means that you will receive a refund of your current escrow balance.  You will also get to skip atleast 1 month mortgage payment.  So even with the IRRL program not allowing any cash back it will free up some money for you. 

No, VA IRRRL does not allow for CASH OUT, you need a VA CASH OUT loan. [self promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Not on the streamline.  Most lenders will do at least a 90% cash out VA refi though.  Besides requiring income they aren't much of a different process these days.

Hello, the VA IRRRL program does not allow for any cash out. Depending on the rate that you have now, you may still benefit to do a VA IRRRL in order to reduce your mortgage payment. Once you close on the VA IRRRL, assuming you qualify, you could get up to 2 months before your 1st new mortgage payment is due and you would also receive a full refund of what is in your escrow account. If you have any other specific questions, feel free to contact me. Best of luck