Can I talk to someone about the estimate on my home? Please forward a phone number so I Can call. Th

• September 06 2011 - Avon Lake
  • 0

My observation (not a Zillow employee) is that sometimes a house has big swings when others don't but over the long term most houses tend to follow the trend lines for the community. Therefore, I don't worry about a month change that seems out of whack because I suspect the next month the neighor's house may show a big jump - or mine will jump back up.  

The only house I'm monitoring that has a trend line that doesn't follow the community/zipcode was last sold long before Zillow has records, so as they don't have the last sales' price/date, one of their components of the formula is the last sales price.  

My home Zestimate was reduced by 48,000. The other homes around me went down by about 2,000-8,000. I think this is a typo as no other issues are unique to our home. I do not know how to get a clarification lor correction so I would like to discuss it with someone to see if I am missing something I have read everything and claimed my home.

Customer service E-mail is at this link.  

Zestimates are not appraisals or CMAs, but Zillow's opinion of value using data from public sources using a computer calculation.  They don't redo individual values.  Have you had a chance to read about Zestimates?   The Zestimates values and accuracy for  your area?  Have you checked your home facts for accuracy, and if not, claimed the home and edited the facts