Profile picture for banker411

Can a HUD statement be revised after the closing and funds delivered?

I sold my home in Georgia in a short sale and we closed last week. At the time the offer was submitted and accepted by my lender I qualified for the HAFA program which is a $3000 relocation fee. The first closing date passed and my realtor was able to get an extension from my lender. Needless to say the second closing date also passed and at that time I was told by my realtor that I no longer qualified for the relo funds because closing didn't occur within guidelines. I contacted my mortgage company directly and was told I wasn't eligible. We met at the closing table last week and the closing attorney told me the $3000 was still on the HUD statement and once documents were sent back to my lender, if they didn't notice it was there he was going to dispurse the funds to me. Basically, he stated the preliminary HUD had been approved and he was prepared to send my lender the funds they requested for payoff. I tried to contact the closing attorney 3 days after closing and he has yet to return my call. However, my realtor contacted me today and stated she had recieved an email from my lender requesting the $3000 be sent to them as I was not entitled. Once they have accepted payoff funds can the HUD be changed? And why would my lender be eligible for the $3000 when that is a government program? Any answers out there?

February 14 2012 - Douglas

1. Golf Club Rd, Douglas, GA Home For Sale
    Golf Club Rd, Douglas, GA 31533

2. Indian Creek Xing, Douglas, GA Home For Sale
    Indian Creek Xing, Douglas, GA 31533

3. Hwy 32 W, Douglas, GA Home For Sale
    Hwy 32 W, Douglas, GA 31533