Profile picture for flamepoint

Can a home on a patio or crawl space have added to it an above ground basement or any basement?

Is it costly, if it can be done? Who's good in Columbia, SC and reasonable? Zoning problems involved with this? An older subdivision without HOA or rules, would it be acceptable to a manufactured with a basement if desired instead? I can't find anything about this on the Richland Assesors or Tax Property website. There isn't anything listed for modular or triple wides or maybe I don't know where to look. I prefer a brick house to add a basement to close to town 29210 or 29169 near bus lines regular travel and not routes that can't be depended upon. In 29169, I could probably walk across one of the bridges to town if less than 3 miles.

Thanks everybody!
  • April 26 2009 - Columbia
  • 0

you need to go to the county building dept and see what they say