Profile picture for JuniorM

Can a non resident with a social security get a home loan in the United States???

I'm a non resident who does have a social security number and I also have a Employment Authorization Card that I must re-new every two years. I Currently have over 700 credit score and also have two credit cards and two bank accounts. Can I get a home loan with my current status? And what banks do you recommend? Thanks

May 12 - Modesto

Yes, there are lenders like myself that offer loans for non-citizens. One loan to consider is the Foreign National Loan. These loans are meant for non-residences/citizens seeking a home loan in the United States. Also, this type of loan usually requires about 25% down or more depending on the documents you have available so be prepared for that. The best thing for you to do is to speak with a knowledgeable lender to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you need additional assistance, feel free to reach out. Good luck!

May 15
Hello Junior,

Based on the information you have provided, you should be eligible for a Foreign National loan program.  Please contact one of the lenders here on Zillow, and we'll be happy to discuss the process.

Best wishes,

Robert

May 13
It appears you may have some your terms mixed up?  "Non Resident" means "not living in the U.S., but some other country".  "Social Security number" means "U.S. Citizen, eligible for future retirement benefits from the U.S. Social Security system, as well as benefits if disabled..."

Perhaps you meant "resident alien" or "non-citizen"?  Perhaps you meant "Tax payer identification number"?

Assuming you are here on a valid work visa, and have an income tax history and work history, you should be able to qualify for a mortgage.

Even if not living in the U.S. and not a U.S. citizen, it is possible to buy property in the U.S., but in that case you may need to seek funding from other sources, such as a bank in one's country of origin, that perhaps also has U.S. branches.

The U.S. fair housing act prohibits discrimination based on country of origin.

May 13
Yes, getting a loan should not be a problem for you. Contact a local lender and make sure they offer the programs you would need, but you should be fine to get a loan, provided you qualify within all the other parameters.  Good luck!

May 13
I offer ITIN loans nationwide. Feel free to click on my name to connect with me.

May 13
Depending on how long you have been in the states, yes you can get a loan.  You would need to qualify just like any other US Citizen would so income, credit, assets all come into play.  If you would like to contact me through my profile, we can discuss further and I can point you in the right direction

May 13