Profile picture for clthouse

Can anyone help me in deciding how much to offer on a house I am considering buying?

The women paid 66.000 in 1980 added a garage in 1994 for $5500 and really hasn't done any updating to the home since. It really needs updating ! The heated sq ft is 1,841 
  • December 07 2009 - US

It seems that we all agree that you need a Buyer Agent.  Please, click on my photo and let me know the city, your tel and email address and I will put you in touch with a realtor who can assist you in this very serious decision. 

This question should be answered by your realtor!  If you don't have one i may be able to recommend one.  Please let me know what city the home is in.

I know of the perfect person to help you decide on an offer...

Your Buyers agent (lol)

the fact that she paid $66k for the home in 1994 has no bearing on anything thing unfortunately. Homes sell based on what the market dictates and some times a few other factors. You stated it needs updating. What are other homes in the area selling for? What is the owner asking for it? What terms are you both offering?

What region of the country are you in?