Can anyone help with a HARP 2 refi in CA with PMI thorugh United Guaranty?

I have worked with multiple brokers in an attempt to refinance my home in California under the HARP 2 program.  I have PMI through United Guaranty.  In both instances I was told that United Guaranty is rarely willing to transfer the policy to the new lender.  Has anyone had any luck doing a HARP 2 refi with United Guaranty in CA?  If so, can you recommend an experienced broker?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • November 09 2012 - Sacramento

We have had a lot of success through UG and offer both the Fannie/Freddie HARP options. If you are still interested...Please contact me through my profile link!

Ivan Diaz

Many lenders accept transfers from United Guarantee.  United has a streamline process that is very easy or they might require a full underwrite.  If they require a full underwrite they have to request your original loan from your original servicer and then they do a forensic audit on the file.  You can call them directly just to find out if your file is eligible for the streamline process

Yes I have been able to complete a few of these.  The process is a bit longer because you have to send the entire file to UGI to review at the end of the process and before closing, so that slows things down a bit aside from that is not really a problem.

Contact me through my profile, happy to get it done for you.   I should mention that this would be for Fannie Mae only.    I know of a source that can do the Freddie Mac if needed, but I don't work with them directly.