Profile picture for newhomebuyer22

Can anyone tell me a little bit about the South Eastern Part of Ann Arbor, MI?

I am planning to buy in AA and I notice the properties are much more affordable in the South Eastern Part of AA e.g Pittsfield and such...Is there a reason for this? Maybe it's not such a good area...I would like to know before I delve into purchasing something there, because I plan to relocate my family there....
  • November 16 2009 - Ann Arbor
  • 0

Hi!

Ann Arbor has several neighborhoods, however, the most desirable areas are towards the north & west sides of the the city.  That's not to say that the southeastern areas aren't nice, they certainly have their perks, but the tendency is that prices drop heading out toward Ypsilanti & Pittsfield.  Homes and rentals on the south-side of town near the stadium may come cheaper but are dominated by the university's undergraduate community.  This may make for a fantastic rental, however, if you're searching for a family-oriented neighborhood I would recommend Water Hill (I live there!), Kerrytown, Bach or Haisley.

Please contact me directly if you have any questions!