Can i afford to live on my own?

Im 24yo and living with my parents. I want to move out on my own, but who do i contact that can  help me know if im able to buy, rent, or lease a small house based on my current financial status?
  • January 01 2013 - US
  • 1

Reach out to loan officers. If you like contact me in my profile.

Hi Jorge, may I suggest that you meet with at least two mortgage brokers who will search your financial profile and make recommendations.  You do not say if you have started saving for the downpayment, how long you have been employed or how much you make, which is fine, because that information is totally personal and should not be discussed in an open forum such as this, but rather in the privacy of a mortgage broker's office.  Even if you were not ready right now to purchase, the mortgage broker can guide you as to what needs to be done, for you to obtain the best possible loan.  The best of luck!

Hi Jorge Garcia, lets discuss your real estate options and goals.
I can put you in touch with a few mortgage lenders that will review your financials to see if you quailfy for a home loan to purchase.
Or we can discuss your lease/rent options as well.

What area/ state are you inquiring about?

You are very wise to ask the question, rather than jumping into wanting to purchase immediately.

Here's a link to a buyer's roadmap from Zillow with lots of useful articles.

Here's a link to an affordability calculator for a rough estimate of what you may be able to afford to purchase.